Caliber is pleased to announce that on 01/30/17, the University of Kansas, on behalf of its Police Department at the University of Kansas Medical Center, issued a purchase order to migrate from Global Dispatch to Caliber CAD NG. They are building a new 911 center that will be completed next summer. We are excited to participate in this project, providing the Next Generation solution for their Computer-Aided Dispatch system.
Some of the key features of Calber’s CAD NG include:
• Our system is designed with uninterrupted service in mind so that, if you lose connectivity to the server, you JUST KEEP WORKING. Dispatchers can still create calls, assign and track your units, add vehicles, and add comments to your calls from your local workstation.
• What this means to you and your Telecommunicators is that you never have to revert back to pen and paper, should you lose connection to your server/network — whether planned or unplanned.
• When connectivity is restored, the workstations and the server synchronize automatically. There’s nothing special you need to do, and no CAD catch-up is required.
• Another Caliber innovation is that we make your data work for you! With our parsed NCIC state data, we return ALL queries in the same format regardless of state.
• This includes persons, vehicles, articles, and guns.
• All data is in the same place, every time, improving the time that first responders get the information they need.
Dedicated GIS department
• Caliber has a full-time, full-spectrum GIS department dedicated to Public Safety
• With accurate maps, you have real-time unit and incident information
• Turn by turn directions leads to quicker response times